Wednesday 17 October 2012

Day 2

This is when the challenge will be challenging.  Today and Thursday is my day with my daughter - yes you guessed it her mom and i are separated and i get to see my little JJ every week.  How i plan to mediate this through, because this challenge was directed to me - it's going to be really hard not to have any of her food.  and i promise i won't cheat.  yesterday i think i might have mentioned that i get free coffee at work.  but i didn't have any cup at all - well because i did mention to some colleagues and they reminded me of it.

so today i'll be preparing the same dishes as yesterday.  i'm not "bored" eating the same thing and i am prepared to whip up something new like make scallop potatoes or a variation of ratatouille.  yesterday i scored BIG buying 2 campbell mushroom condensed soup for 0.59 ea and brisk ice tea for 0.49 (it was reduced because of short-coded).

Part of me thinks that this challenge can be similar to that show "the iron chef" - where both competitors are given an ingredient to use as their base for their menu.  see the similarities?

No comments:

Post a Comment